I haven't tried this yet but it looks so good. Recipe from Jaime Oliver's cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 inch baking dish.
- 2Flatten each slice of bread down as much as possible. Butter each piece then cut the slices in half and put aside.
- 3In a bowl whisk together the sugar, vanilla, and eggs until pale and fluffy. Add the cream, milk, and Baileys. Whisk until smooth.
- 4Slice bananas and lightly toast your almonds in the preheated oven.
- 5Dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture, then begin to layer the bread, banana, and almonds in the baking dish. Top layer should end in the bread. Pour over the rest of your egg mixture, using your fingers to pat down the bread to make sure it soaks up all the flavor.
- 6Generously dust the top of the pudding with confectioners sugar and bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until custard has set around the outside but is still jiggly in the middle. Allow it to cool and firm up slightly.
- 7Serve on its own, with ice cream, or whipped heavy cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baileys and Banana Bread and Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.2
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 217.5 mg
- Sodium 284.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 38.4 g
- Protein 10.4 g