Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
We had this over rice and it was delicious. I found this recipe in the Chicago Sun-Times but it's originally from Atkins.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 halibut steaks, halves each 1-inch thick, about 2 lbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green peppers or 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 serrano peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- Combine 1 T. oil and lime juice in a glass pie plate, add fish and turn to coat.
- Heat remaining oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, peppers and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and pepper is tender, about 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoons salt over fish, add fish to skillet; pour coconut milk over fish and add tomato. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-9 minutes, turning fish halfway through cooking time. Stir remaining salt into sauce, spoon over fish a few times and serve immediately.