its smells fresh with all the fresh ingr's and its what my father cooks when my mother falls sick...brings old memories back:(
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 brinjals or 7 eggplants, medium sized
- 3 teaspoons chopped ginger (must b fresh)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (must b fresh 2)
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 10 green chilies, chopped
- 7 curry leaves
- 10 coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1Wash thoroughly the brinjals without cutting or slicing.
- 2Put them in a pressure cooker, pour in the water and cook on high flame for 10 minutes or until one whistle.
- 3Remove them and set aside to cool.
- 4Remove their caps and mash them finely with a fork.
- 5Keep this aside.
- 6Heat a wok, add oil, when hot crackle the mustard seeds.
- 7Put in the onions and sauté till golden.
- 8Put in the rest of the items ginger, garlic, chilli, curry leaves, salt and turmeric powder.
- 9Fry for a while, .
- 10the aroma is delicious .
- 11Add the mashed brinjals and cook for a minute or two.
- 12Remove and garnish with fresh chopped coriander/cilantro leaves.
- 13Serve hot with thin Indian chapattis.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "baigan Korma" Minced Eggplants/brinjals/aubergines
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 785.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: