Recipe by Nisha
its smells fresh with all the fresh ingr's and its what my father cooks when my mother falls sick...brings old memories back:(
- 7 brinjals or 7 eggplants, medium sized
- 3 teaspoons chopped ginger (must b fresh)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic (must b fresh 2)
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 10 green chilies, chopped
- 7 curry leaves
- 10 coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash thoroughly the brinjals without cutting or slicing.
- Put them in a pressure cooker, pour in the water and cook on high flame for 10 minutes or until one whistle.
- Remove them and set aside to cool.
- Remove their caps and mash them finely with a fork.
- Keep this aside.
- Heat a wok, add oil, when hot crackle the mustard seeds.
- Put in the onions and sauté till golden.
- Put in the rest of the items ginger, garlic, chilli, curry leaves, salt and turmeric powder.
- Fry for a while, .
- the aroma is delicious .
- Add the mashed brinjals and cook for a minute or two.
- Remove and garnish with fresh chopped coriander/cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot with thin Indian chapattis.