Soup is essential to a Chinese meal. This one is simple, light, nutritious, delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 2 quarts chicken stock (ideally, use homemade bone broth with plenty of fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- dried shiitake mushroom (optional)
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil (optional)
- 1Separate cabbage leaves then wash and drain. Stack leaves together and cut lengthwise into halves. Cut leaves again, into 2" long pieces.
- 2Bring stock to boil in a pot then add ginger, rice wine, salt and cabbage. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes with lid.
- 3Add tofu, stirring softly to prevent it sticking. Cover. Cook for another 2 minutes over medium heat.
- 4Transfer to serving dish, garnish with green onion and cilantro and sesame oil.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baicai Doufu Tang (Chinese Cabbage and Tofu Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 247.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: