Recipe by GiddyUpGo
This recipe was featured on week 45 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook one meal from every nation on Earth, and Cambodia is my 45th stop. Unless otherwise noted, my Travel by Stove recipes are taken from authentic or traditional sources, and this recipe has been posted without any alternations or additions to the ingredients. This paricular recipe is by Mylinh Nakry and was originally posted on a site called Khmer Krom Recipes.
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the rice, bring back to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the butter, salt and cinnamon. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Put the cashews into a small, dry skillet. Keep stirring until they are hot or browning slightly (depending on your preference).
- Add the cashews to the rice and stir to combine.