- 300 g lamb liver, chopped
- 1 chopped red onion
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 dried black lime (loomi, found in Middle Eastern or Iranian shops)
- khaleeji mixed spice (ibzar -- Gulf Spices (Ibzar))
- black pepper
- 1 potato (optional)
- sunflower oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice the potato into small pieces and par boil until slightly soft.
- Fry the onions and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add spice mix, black pepper, ground lime. Let the spices infuse with the onions.
- Add the potatoes, liver and salt and mix on a high heat.
- Then lower heat and cover for a minute. Be careful not to over cook the liver as it will become hard.
- Serve with green salad, spring onions and pita bread.