Recipe by *Pixie*
This is a recipe from Northern Brazil. Use your own taste to determine how spicy you want it...
Top Review by applee
This is a FANTASTIC recipe. It turned out great and everyone loved it. I didn't use the walnuts or the broccoli, and added a few splashes of riesling wine, some cajun seasonings for a little spice and a lot more garlic. Dipped crusty bread into the sauce and it was delicious!!
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons palm oil or 2 tablespoons other vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 -3 finely chopped dried red chili pepper (you pick how spicy you want this)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook onions and paprika until onions are transparent.
- Mix in garlic, coriander, thyme, parsley, cilantro, chilies, pepper and walnuts.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, then add lemon juice and tomatoes.
- Mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, coconut milk, and shrimp.
- Cook for about 5 minutes (until shrimp and broccoli are done).
- Serve over rice.