Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Brazilian Dish.... Great for dinner parties and lovers of shrimp. Serves great with coconut rice and black beans.
- 1. Place the potato and salt in a saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and sauté until golden.
- 3. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4. Add the prawns, salt, pepper and coriander, mix well then reduce the heat, cover and simmer very gently for 8-10 minutes until the shrimp are done.
- 5. Drain the cooked potato, return to the pan and mash with a potato masher or fork.
- 6. Add the coconut milk to the prawns and mix well then and the mashed potato, a little at a time, stirring vigorously until well incorporated.