Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a Resort in S. Florida called Bahia Mar Resort. This is used with Bahia Mar Resort's Caribe-Asian Spring Rolls that I have posted. Prep time includes time to cook, sorry. It includes time to prepare veggies/fruits, cook, cool and process, etc. Time is an estimate.
- 4 fresh ripe mangoes, peeled, sliced and seeded
- 6 overripe bananas, peeled, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white raisins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 red pepper, fine julienne strips
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 4 ounces major gray chutney
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, to thicken
- Prepare vegetables and fruit.
- Cook white wine with mangoes, ginger, red pepper.
- When the alcohol is cooked off, add the remaining ingredients.
- Allow it to simmer until all is cooked and blended through.
- Let cool.
- Puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Serve with Caribbean Springrolls (Recipe #59423) or as a barbecue glaze on chicken, pork or fish.
For the delicious ingredients it contains, I felt it should have been more flavorful, as I found it very bland. I did like the look and taste of the tiny red pieces of pepper in the sauce. Sorry I couldn't give it a higher rating, but it isn't up to your usual 5-Star recipes!