Recipe by Swiss Miss
Very delicious fish dish with Caribbean flavour - only three main ingredients: fish, tomatoe sauce and coconut.
- 600 g fish fillets (use whitefish, flounder or similar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6 -8 tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 cup coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onion and garlic and fry carefully.
- Mash the tomatoes in a blender and pour into the skillet, let it simmer for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Taste the sauce with salt, pepper and sambal oelek and turn of the heat.
- Add coconut milk and stir.
- Add fish fillets and simmer carefully for another 10- 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- Variation: add/ substitute fish with shellfish.