Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something I found on the internet that I want to try. Serve with toasted Lebanese bread, tabouleh and tzatziki.
- 4 teaspoons mild spanish paprika
- 3 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon cassia
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon green cardamom seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (grated)
- 4 sirloin steaks
- Place all spices in mortar and pestle and pound until fine powder.
- Combine oil and 2 tablespoons spice rub in a bowl. Brush over both sides of steaks. Cook on preheated flat plate on your barbecue for 2 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
Fabulous spice mixture for steak. I made this as written, less the cloves -- none in the cupboard where we are housesitting. Tzatziki and tabouleh are the perfect accompaniments.