Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Bahamas style chikcen dish. Nice served over rice. moderately spicy.
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tart apple, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground white pepper
- Prepare chicken ahead.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and sauté the onions, apples and garlic cloves for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove and discard garlic cloves.
- Add the flour and curry, stirring to mix.
- Gradually add the chicken stock.
- stirring constantly until sauce is smooth.
- Stir in shredded chicken.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes.
- stirring occasionally.
- Stir in milk and salt.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice or noodles (rice is traditional).