1 hr 45 mins
I do not like beans in any way, shape or form. That said, my fiancee found it very amusing when I ate this dish every day for lunch during our vacation in the Bahamas. It wasn't until we returned that he let me know these 'peas' were actually beans!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil peas in medium saucepan with 5-6 cups of water.
- 2Cook for 45 minutes or until tender and set aside.
- 3Fry bacon in a medium pot with the scallions, garlic, and red pepper.
- 4Saute for 3- 5 minutes and add salt, pepper, thyme, and tomato paste.
- 5Add peas and 4 cups of the water that was used to boil them in.
- 6Bring to a boil and add rice.
- 7Reduce heat, cover tightly, until most all of the water has evaporated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bahamian Peas & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1252.7
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 387.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 226.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.1 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 40.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: