Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
From Steven Raichlen. Suggested fish include striped bass, sea bass, mahi mahi and bluefish, but others would certainly work. This method can also be used for whole fish. Prep time includes marinating time. Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 fish fillets, 6-8 ounces each
- black pepper
- Combine oil, garlic, lime juice, ginger, and scotch bonnet in a non-reactive bowl. Add fish and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Light grill.
- Remove fish from marinade and scrape off most of the garlic and ginger pieces. Season with salt and pepper and grill about 3 minutes on each side, or until fish is nicely browned and just cooked through.
This is very tasty.....I also recommend snapper, grouper, or redfish. The taste of the peppers was really nice here....I saved them from the marinade and tried to keep them on top of the fish as it grilled. Very good!
Delicious! I loved the flavor of the ginger and scotch bonnet in the marinade. For the fish, I used Red Snapper. I served these grilled babies with your Tropical Tartar Sauce. Made and enjoyed for ZWT5, for Hell's Kitchen Angels.