Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I got this from a lady who was a native of the island of Abaco in the Bahamas, she was the best cook on the island. It is better after it sits for a day or so. I use low fat mayo, but it's really good with the real deal. I'm unsure of how much this actually makes, so the serving number is just a guess, but it makes alot.
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups light mayonnaise
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh lemon juice, as desired
- Mix up all ingredients in large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 12-24 hours.