Recipe by s'kat
Posted by request, this slightly sweet Bahamaian bread is absolutely heavenly!!
Top Review by Buckwalter
The loaf turned out with a beautiful, cripsy crust and soft inside. I chose to use the dough cycle of my bread machine to make this loaf. I was disappointed that the bread didn't have much flavor.
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (3 minute)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together and knead for thirty to forty seconds.
- Let rise (about forty minutes) and knock down and knead for thirty seconds.
- (Or let the bread machine do all the kneading and timing for you and go beach combing until it's time to cook the dough!) Allow final rise in a bread pan, about forty minutes, and preheat oven to 425 f.
- Place in oven and decrease temperature to 350 f.
- Bake for thirty minutes.