Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
This chicken has the wonderful flavors of lime juice, rum, onions, garlic, and island spices - plus a little bite of hot peppers. Adjust the heat to your liking, and either grill or oven-bake the chicken - it's delicious either way. Prep time includes marinating. Cook time is approximate for marinade only, not chicken itself.
Top Review by Dans La Lune
Wow! What a great marinade! I was looking for a tropical tasting marinade for an "Island Party" and instantly fell in love with this one after reading through the ingredients list. I ended up quadrupling it since I had 12 lbs of chicken and it worked out excellent! I cubed my chicken breasts, applied the marinade, and let it sit for about 4 hours, and then skewered them onto bamboo skewers with red bell pepper, fresh pineapple, and red onion. My dear hubby then grilled all of it and my oh my was it fabulous! The chicken was incredibly moist and had sweet spicy flavor. Absolutely delicious recipe... this will definitely be a keeper!
- 1360.77 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml dark rum (I like Myers)
- 29.58 ml lime juice
- 9.85 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In olive oil, saute onion, garlic, green onion, chilis, spices and herbs for about 7 minutes, until deep golden brown, stirring often.
- Stir in salt, rum and lime juice.
- Raise the heat, then lower and simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- Let mixture cool, then place chicken in a glass dish and rub marinade all over it.
- Cover and let marinate in refrigerator overnight (or at least 4 hours).
- Turn chicken halfway through the marinating time.
- Grill or bake chicken as desired.