This recipe Is from week 19 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook one meal from every nation on Earth, and The Bahamas are my 19th stop. This carrot cake gets added flavor from pineapple, coconut and a range of spices.
For the Cake
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml oil
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 29.58 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml cardamom
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml grated carrots
- 236.59 ml crushed pineapple, drained
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut
- 118.29 ml raisins
For the Frosting
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar, sifted
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- Mix the sugar with the oil and eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the carrots, walnuts, coconut, pineapple, raisins and vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into a greased 13x9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Let the cake cool completely, then make the frosting:.
- Cream the butter with the cream cheese, then gradually add the sugar and vanilla. Spread the frosting evenly over the top of the cake.