Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
OMG! They're like spanish chicken nachos. Amazing!!! I buy my tostones (green plantains) at my local produce store, but they can be found at any spanish market. They come "pre-cooked /frozen." Do not thaw before frying!
- 473.0 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g green plantain, frozen
- 44.37 ml butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 14.79 ml taco seasoning
- 2 sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced
- 473.18 ml mexican cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml salsa
- Heat vegetable oil in fryer or deep skillet over medium high heat until sizzling when a SMALL drop of water is added.
- Fry frozen tostones in batches of 5 or 6 until crispy and golden. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- In separate skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken, cumin and taco seasoning, stirring occasionally until nearly cooked through.
- Add in bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Cover and cook until soft.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- To serve, top 6-7 tostones with chicken mixture. Top with a few spoonfulls of fresh salsa and sour cream if desired.
This are absolutely the best version of spanish nachos.