1/1 Photo of Bahama Breeze Tostones Con Pollo
OMG! They're like spanish chicken nachos. Amazing!!! I buy my tostones (green plantains) at my local produce store, but they can be found at any spanish market. They come "pre-cooked /frozen." Do not thaw before frying!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat vegetable oil in fryer or deep skillet over medium high heat until sizzling when a SMALL drop of water is added.
- 2Fry frozen tostones in batches of 5 or 6 until crispy and golden. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- 3In separate skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken, cumin and taco seasoning, stirring occasionally until nearly cooked through.
- 4Add in bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Cover and cook until soft.
- 5Stir in cheese until melted.
- 6To serve, top 6-7 tostones with chicken mixture. Top with a few spoonfulls of fresh salsa and sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top South American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bahama Breeze Tostones Con Pollo
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.8
- Calories from Fat 423
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 470.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 14.4 g