Prep 24 hrs
Cook 20 mins
- 3 cups Caribbean jerk marinade (your favorite)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- 5 lbs whole chicken wings, thawed
- jamaican jerk spice, dry* as needed
- MARINATING PROCEDURE.
- Add the jerk marinade, garlic, thyme, allspice, water, and scallions in a large bowl and mix well using a whip to evenly combine the ingredients. Add the chicken wings to the marinade, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator on the bottom shelf.
- * Make sure the chicken wings are fully thawed this helps the chicken to fully absorb the marinade.
- * Marinate the chicken wings for 18 to 24 hours before cooking. The longer the marinating time, the more flavorful the wings will become.
- COOKING PROCEDURE.
- After marinating is complete, remove the wings from the marinade and place in a clean bowl. Lightly season the wings with the dry jerk seasoning and lay on a sheet pan with the wing tips face down. Bake the wings at 350ºF for 20 – 25 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator to chill to 40ºF.
- * Make sure the wings are drained well after being removed from the marinade or the seasoning will not fully adhere to the wings.
- * The wings are cooked with the wing tips face down, to allow more even cooking and removal of excess fat from the chicken skin.
- * By pre-cooking the wings this prevents flare-ups on the grill during the final grilling procedure.
- GRILLING PROCEDURE.
- Heat your gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Place the chilled wings on the grill and grill for 2 ½ - 3 minutes on each side. The skin of the wings should develop a crisp texture and a mahogany like color. Make sure the wings are fully heated to 165ºF.
- * Wings can also be placed on the grill directly from the oven to express the cooking process.
- * Allspice or pimento leaves can be placed on the grill during the grilling process to give the wings a light smoked flavor.
- Serve hot with your favorite beverage. Enjoy!
I made these on a cabin trip with all my girlfriends and their husbands and they were very good. I made about 5 pounds of wings and there were only about 5 chicken wings left. These are a great recipe that dosen't take much. Perfet!!!!!!