24 hrs 20 mins
The Ohio Valley Meat Cutter's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1MARINATING PROCEDURE.
- 2Add the jerk marinade, garlic, thyme, allspice, water, and scallions in a large bowl and mix well using a whip to evenly combine the ingredients. Add the chicken wings to the marinade, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator on the bottom shelf.
- 4* Make sure the chicken wings are fully thawed this helps the chicken to fully absorb the marinade.
- 5* Marinate the chicken wings for 18 to 24 hours before cooking. The longer the marinating time, the more flavorful the wings will become.
- 6COOKING PROCEDURE.
- 7After marinating is complete, remove the wings from the marinade and place in a clean bowl. Lightly season the wings with the dry jerk seasoning and lay on a sheet pan with the wing tips face down. Bake the wings at 350ºF for 20 – 25 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator to chill to 40ºF.
- 9* Make sure the wings are drained well after being removed from the marinade or the seasoning will not fully adhere to the wings.
- 10* The wings are cooked with the wing tips face down, to allow more even cooking and removal of excess fat from the chicken skin.
- 11* By pre-cooking the wings this prevents flare-ups on the grill during the final grilling procedure.
- 12GRILLING PROCEDURE.
- 13Heat your gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Place the chilled wings on the grill and grill for 2 ½ - 3 minutes on each side. The skin of the wings should develop a crisp texture and a mahogany like color. Make sure the wings are fully heated to 165ºF.
- 15* Wings can also be placed on the grill directly from the oven to express the cooking process.
- 16* Allspice or pimento leaves can be placed on the grill during the grilling process to give the wings a light smoked flavor.
- 17Serve hot with your favorite beverage. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bahama Breeze Jamaican Grilled Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (426 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 848.6
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 291.3 mg
- Sodium 278.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 69.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Caribbean jerk marinade