Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 mins
Shrimp simmered in garlic-thyme butter with warm Cuban bread for dunking.
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 12 ounces medium shrimp
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 loaf French baguette
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Stir beer, allspice, minced Scotch bonnet pepper, minced garlic, thyme and sliced green onions in 1-quart baking dish. Fold in the shrimp, coating well. Drizzle melted butter over the shrimp. Slice bread into 1-inch-thick slices and place on top.
- Put baking dish with shrimp and bread on middle rack of oven. Remove from oven when bread is golden and shrimp is bubbling hot, 4-5 minutes. If oven is small, heat pans separately.
- Important Note:Use gloves when mincing Scotch bonnet peppers. Then remove gloves and wash hands thoroughly.
my rating is with the "as is" recipe. However I tried it by adding the chopped tomatoes (you can see them when you order the dish) and I added a small amount of jerk seasoning (maybe an 1/8 of a teaspoon, the brand I use is Grace Hot). It tasted like straight out of the restaurant TO ME... emphasis on TO ME! lol
Even with the pepper, it was on the bland side. It needed something to bring out the sweetness of the scotch bonnet.