Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this up when I needed something to take to my daughter's house for supper one night after watching the Barefoot Contessa make her garlic bread. Very crunchy and garlicy!
- 2 French baguettes or 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 -6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice baguette's (or French Bread) into 1/2" slices. (Cut on the diagonal).
- Heat olive oil in small skillet or pan. (Don't get smoking hot or it will burn the garlic.).
- Add the finely minced garlic cloves and cook very quickly. Not over 20 or 30 seconds, watching closely so you don't burn. (I strained out the garlic but Ina Garten didn't when she made her garlic bread).
- Brush baguette slices with the olive oil and put on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 8 - 12 minutes or just until they are lightly browned.
- To freeze: Prepare up to the point of brushing the bread with the garlic oil. Place on a baking sheet, put in freezer and freeze until firm. Remove from freezer, wrap well in plastic wrap and then foil. Label and return to freezer.
- To serve: Unwrap and place on baking sheet. Proceed with directions and bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until hot through.
- NOTE: I used the smaller portions given for my baguettes but you may need more if using a loaf of French Bread.
Easy and delicious! I love the garlic flavor and the bread was toasted just right! To freeze: After brushing the bread with the oil, I placed in freezer. When I got ready to serve, I took out, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and baked for the full 12 minutes.Thanks Mammafishy!