This is a tomato soup with dumplings (with a surprise center). From Come and Get It a natural foods cookbook for kids.
- Heat the juice or soup in a large pot.
- Cut the cubes of cheese.
- Combine the baking mix and milk.
- Divide dough into 4 dumplings and wrap around the cheese cubes.
- Carefully drop dumplings into the soup and cook for 10 minutes, covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- Put a dumpling in each bowl and cover with soup.
- For Vegetarians check the baking mix to be sure it contains no animal fat.