Recipe by Member #610488
Speciality of the Restaurante Cuculo, Torino, Piemonte, Italia as noted on the clipping in my grandmother's recipe box.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ripe but firm tomatoes
- 2 hot red peppers
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the tomatoes for a minute to peel them better.
- Clean and wash parsley and celery.
- Chop finely the tomato pulp, celery and parsley.
- Pour the chopped vegetables in a pan together with the mustard and vinegar.
- Season to taste with salt, stir with a wooden spoon and cook, half-covered, for at least 90 minutes over a very low heat.
- At the end purée all the cooked vegetables or blend them.