Recipe by Oolala
This means "warm bath" in Italian and it is a classic dipping sauce for raw veggies. This recipe is from "Marinades, The Secret of Great Grilling" and it suggests using this on skinless, boneless chicken parts or for tuna and swordfish steaks. This makes enough to marinate 1 1/2 pounds of meat.
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovies, flat
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and oil.
- Add the anchovies, mashing with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the scallions, garlic, lemon zest, and pepper.
- Marinate chicken or seafood for 1-2 hours and fish for only 30 minutes.
- Grill and enjoy!