Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Southern Moroccan pancake cooked only on one side; these are awesome.
Make and share this Baghrir Moroccan Yeast Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Blend the pancake batter in blender 3 minutes.
- Pour into bowl and let rise until double.
- In non-stick pan pour batter that is consistency of crepe batter into lightly oiled pan; oil the pan every time you make one.
- Swirl like crepe batter.
- Cook until dry on top; don't flip over; will resemble honeycombs.
- Stack on towel; not on each other; will stick when warm.
- Warm syrup ingredients together; pour over honeycomb side.
This was a fun adventure for breakfast this morning! I had some trouble getting the batter to cook through without flipping...I did finally resort to flipping for a few seconds just before removing from the pan. I probably shouldn't have put "pancakes" in the minds of my kids before serving, as these taste nothing like a typical American pancake LOL. The yeast flavor is pretty strong, but surprisingly the turmeric is not. We enjoyed these a number of ways; my kids liked them spread with jam, my baby liked them dipped in maple syrup, and I loved the honey/butter topping (make that even if you don't make the pancakes, it was great!!). I don't know if my pan was smaller, but I got waaayy more than 12...more like 24! Made for ZWT 9, Gourmet Goddesses.