Prep 50 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a family favorite that was passed to me from a dear friend. they were packed into the working farmers lunch bag hence the name baggin buns. a very tasty sultana bun
- 1 lb self raising flour
- 10 ounces sugar
- 10 ounces margarine
- 10 ounces sultanas
- 3 eggs, and enough
- milk, to make up to 3/4 pint
- soak the sultanas in boiling water for 1/2 an hour.
- put the flour in a large bowl add the margarine and rub together until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- mix in the sugar stir.
- drain the sultanas cool slightly before adding.
- add the eggs and milk and stir altogether
- fill muffin cases and bake at 170 for about 1/2 a hour.
- done when pressed lightly springs back.