Recipe by lazyme
I love bagels with smoked salmon. This sounds like a great version. From Weight Watchers New 365 Day Menu Cookbook. Update: I've checked the original recipe - and it doesn't give the amount of cream cheese to use :roll:. So, I'm guessing that it uses 8-ounces.
Top Review by appleydapply
This was a great breakfast. We didn't follow the directions exactly (to mix the green onions & dill in with the cream cheese) because not everybody wanted dill and green onion. So I put all the toppings out and let everybody put on whatever they wanted. As delicious as this was, I'm not sure about the diet/weight watchers appeal. According to my bagel package, EACH bagel is 4 oz and 310 calories. And the recipe doesn't list cream cheese in the ingredients - I think that we used between 100-200 calories worth of cream cheese on each serving. So the calorie count should be at least 500 per serving instead of the 126 listed in the nutrition facts.
- 29.58 ml scallions, minced
- 3.69 ml fresh dill, minced
- 4.92 ml skim milk
- 113.39 g bagels, split
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 127.57 g slice smoked salmon, lox
- 9.85 ml red onions, finely diced
- 9.85 ml capers, rinsed drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, scallions, dill and milk.
- Spread one-fourth of the cheese mixture onto bottom half of each bagel.
- Top cheese mixture evenly with tomato slices; drape 1 smoked salmon slice over each portion of tomatoes.
- Top each portion of salmon with 1/2 teaspoon each of the onion and capers, then 1 remaining bagel half.
- SERVING (1 SANDWICH) PROVIDES: 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Protein, 1 Bread, 25 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 121 Calories, 1 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 6 mg Cholesterol, 386 mg Sodium, 18 g Total Carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 9 g Protein, 89 mg Calcium; 2 points.