Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love bagels with smoked salmon. This sounds like a great version. From Weight Watchers New 365 Day Menu Cookbook. Update: I've checked the original recipe - and it doesn't give the amount of cream cheese to use :roll:. So, I'm guessing that it uses 8-ounces.
- 2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 teaspoon skim milk
- 4 ounces bagels, split
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 1⁄2 ounces slice smoked salmon, lox
- 2 teaspoons red onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed drained
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, scallions, dill and milk.
- Spread one-fourth of the cheese mixture onto bottom half of each bagel.
- Top cheese mixture evenly with tomato slices; drape 1 smoked salmon slice over each portion of tomatoes.
- Top each portion of salmon with 1/2 teaspoon each of the onion and capers, then 1 remaining bagel half.
- SERVING (1 SANDWICH) PROVIDES: 1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Protein, 1 Bread, 25 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 121 Calories, 1 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 6 mg Cholesterol, 386 mg Sodium, 18 g Total Carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 9 g Protein, 89 mg Calcium; 2 points.
This was a great breakfast. We didn't follow the directions exactly (to mix the green onions & dill in with the cream cheese) because not everybody wanted dill and green onion. So I put all the toppings out and let everybody put on whatever they wanted. As delicious as this was, I'm not sure about the diet/weight watchers appeal. According to my bagel package, EACH bagel is 4 oz and 310 calories. And the recipe doesn't list cream cheese in the ingredients - I think that we used between 100-200 calories worth of cream cheese on each serving. So the calorie count should be at least 500 per serving instead of the 126 listed in the nutrition facts.
Excellent Lazyme...simply excellent...I love smoked salmon and cream cheese on bagels. I really enjoyed the addition of the red onion and tomatoes to the sandwich...yum. I will be making this often. It was perfect, had great flavor and texture. Thanks for sharing.
Made for your co-win in Wk 15 of the *Football Pool* & motivated to do so by JackieOh!No!s review of this recipe, I decided it was only fair in view of the surprising review bounty I have enjoyed in the pool in recent wks. This yummy recipe has all our fave ingredients in it & made a fine start to 2009 for us yesterday morning. The use of tomato was new & added another dimension to an already tasty choice. I confess that ~ After I snapped the pic, I turned the bagel top over & made a 2nd portion to dbl my pleasure. Thx for sharing this sure to be repeated recipe w/us. :-)