Recipe by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Smoked salmon with warm bagels.
Top Review by twissis
Made for ZWT6 as written & your dandy recipe made this city girl want to catch a plane w/about 5 kilos of smoked salmon & come visit LMF for breakfast w/you, Dennis, Bubba, Dex & the guys. We could take a basket of all the goodies out in the meadow & feast as we watch the sunrise. The next best option was to have breakfast w/Siggi & you should have seen his face. He was not at all sure what to think & maybe a little scared like Nimz would be facing a menacing WOC. We loved it, Andi, & I have named it BOB, aka Bounty on a Bagel. Seriously I have never made a 1 ingredient recipe b4. This recipe is all about Love, Andi, & having enough of it to spare that you take the time to create something special. I think I am starting to ramble on just like you, so it must be time to say thx & go mend a fence or something. :-)
- 4 bagels (cut in half and toasted)
- 1⁄2 lb of norwegian smoked salmon (or lox)
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced evenly
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves (washed and dried)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 parsley sprigs, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 green olives
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange smoked salmon, thinly sliced, sliced red onions, 2 leaf lettuce, 4 slices tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, lemon and parsley sprigs on a nice pretty plate. Add cream cheese in the middle with spreading knife.
- Fill bowls with green and black olives, capers, chopped green onions, thinly sliced green and red peppers for garnish.
- Toast bagels, bagels in a basket lined with a cloth napkin.
- Optional! Whip cream cheese until soft and fold in chives or dill for spreading on the bread.