Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nice appetizer, love the smoked salmon, be sure it is thinly sliced.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 large bagels, split
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- onion rings, garnish (optional)
- Cut avocado lengthwise around pit, twist halves to separate; spear pit with a knife and twist and pull to remove; gently scoop out flesh with a spoon; transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Mash avocado, stir in onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Cut bagel halves crosswise to make 8 pieces; spread evenly with avocado mixture.
- Top with salmon slices and garnish with thin onion rings if desired.
Rita L (see my other recipe reviews) posted Feb 23, 2004 I used lime and cilantro in the avacado spread. Made it on one whole toasted bagel for myself for breakfast. The rest will be used as appetizers for later. Was just lovely! This would be great on bagel chips or toasted pita wedges.I also topped it with a very thinly sliced tomato.
Sorry, not everyone liked the texture of the smoked salmon and took it off their bagel. They did like the avocado mixture though. It is quick and easy to prepare. Thanks Derf. Bullwinkle