Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious bagels served with a veggie cream cheese, tomatoes and ham. Not diet food! Be warned: When you're not looking family members will dunk bagels in the tomato topper! My kid's favorite Sunday breakfast!
- 4 bagels, split and toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 3 fresh, ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 lb shaved smoked ham or 1⁄4 lb honey-roasted ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Note: Philly Garden Vegetable soft spread may be used instead of making the cream cheese.
- Mix cream cheese and dry vegetable soup mix and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
- While cream cheese is being chilled, mix tomatoes, green onion, salt, pepper and oil in serving bowl.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes.
- To serve bagels: Spread cream cheese mixture on bagel.
- Top with a slice of provolone cheese, the shredded ham, and top with the tomato mixture.
- Serve with fresh strong coffee!
Denise, this is how to make a bagel sandwhich! I used the Philly soft cheese spread with the vegtable soup mixed in already! I used extra virgin olive oil for the tomatoes and green onions. This was wonderful...something you'd expect to see in an upscale deli or sandwhich shop!