These are made from scratch and taste much better than the ones you buy halfready or from the store. You can decorate them with your favorite seeds. I like my bagels with cream cheese, or fresh salad and salmon. Please tell me your toppings if you comment!
- Put all the ingrediants in the row of the list above into you kneeding machine (i use kitchen aid) and kneed until you have a soft ball of dough. It might be possible that you need to add a little flour or water.
- Let the dough rise for one hour at a warm place.
- On a surface lightly covered with flour, form a dough roll and cut it into 8 pieces.
- Roll a ball from every piece, print a hole into it (use the end og a wooden kitchen spoon) and hold on circular movements until the hole is about 4 cm in diameter.
- Put the bagels onto a baking tray and let rise for 30 minutes.
- In a largar pan (like one you use for cooking pasta) bring water to boil.
- Put the bagels, top above, into the cooking water, turn the heat down and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Turn the bagels and let simmer for 30 seconds on the down side.
- Take them out and put them on a plate to drain leftover water.
- Put seeds on top, like sesame, poppy, sunflower, etc.
- Bake on baking tray at 220°C for 20 minutes.
- Note: Add 4 ts of sugar and 1 ts of cinnimon to the dough and sprinkel with caster sugar or chocolate flakes.
- Or: Add 4 ts of your favorite jam to the dough and sprinkel with caster sugar.