Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy take on the traditional Muffaletta sandwich. These really hold up well, and are delicious.
- 20 slices dry salami
- 20 slices pepperoni slices
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 large bagels (I use Everything bagels)
- 4 slices red onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive tapenade (see my recipe)
- Slice the bagel. Place at least 2 tablespoons of the tapenade on each bagel slice, spreading it to the edges. You may need a little more or less. You want to really cover the bagel, this will keep it from becoming soggy.
- Place the salami on top of the olive salad, then the pepperoni, followed by the ham slice.
- Put a few slices of onion, if desired on top of the ham. Top with a slice of provolone cheese or another cheese if you prefer.
- Cover with the bagel top and press down.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors meld . These can be made 24 hours in advance. These are very substantial sandwiches.