Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I lived in New York city, I used to go to a bakery that served these, hope you like it. I thought this would be great as an appetizer if you replaced regular-sized bagels for the minis.
- 4 bagels, flavor of choice (plain, wheat, poppy seed, sesame, everything, etc...)
- 2 ounces cream cheese (regular with chives or pineapple)
- 12 slices smoked salmon
- 1 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- chopped fresh dill (optional)
- Spread bottom bagel slice with cream cheese.
- Place 3 slices of smoked salmon on top of cream cheese.
- Top with onions and tomatoes, garnish with dill and cover with top halves of bagel.
I love this. I have it for breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, all the time. But next time, replace the tomato with capers and red onion. :)
Thanks for posting this Kitty Kat Cook! For MANY years I had these for breakfast almost every Sunday. Sesame are still my faves! I can no longer get good bagels where I live,and smoked salmon can also be difficult to find at times. Fond memories, and still a favorite when I can get all the ingredients.