Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 9 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- 6 sheets nori (seaweed)
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 12 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon (about 2 cups)
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Cut off top quarter of nori sheet along short end.
- Place nori, shiny side down, on a sushi mat covered with plastic wrap, with long end toward you.
- Pat 3/4 cup rice over nori with moist hands, leaving a 1-inch border on one long end of nori.
- Gently flip nori sheet.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture along top third of shiny side of nori; top with 1/3 cup salmon.
- Lift edge of nori closest to you; fold over filling.
- Lift bottom edge of sushi mat; roll toward top edge, pressing firmly on sushi roll. Continue rolling to top edge; press mat to seal sushi roll.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Slice each roll into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.
*Better than a sushi bar* -- I used the soft cream cheese that comes in a tub, and this was so easy to make. I'm not a pro at rolling inside-out rolls (rice on the outside) so made some the regular way too. I used pink soy wrappers, color-coordinated with the pink salmon, for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness.