Recipe by Lateshow9
This is a very filling and tastefully seasoned breakfast dish for groups or large families. I doubted that I would like the salmon, but it really makes this dish stand out and is suitable for vegetarians who eat fish. I prefer this with the swiss cheese instead of monterey jack. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 8 cups bagels, cut into bite size pieces (4 - 6 plain white bagels)
- 3 ounces smoked salmon, cut into small pieces (thinly sliced, lox-style)
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 8 beaten eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place melted butter in 3 quart rectagular baking dish, spreading to cover the bottom.
- Spread bagel pieces evenly in prepared dish.
- Sprinkle salmon, cheese, and chives evenly over the bagel pieces.
- In large bowl combine eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and pepper. Pour over layers in dish.
- Press down gently using the back of a wooden spoon to moisten all ingredients.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator over night or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until set and edges are puffed and golden.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.