1 hr 15 mins
This is a very filling and tastefully seasoned breakfast dish for groups or large families. I doubted that I would like the salmon, but it really makes this dish stand out and is suitable for vegetarians who eat fish. I prefer this with the swiss cheese instead of monterey jack. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place melted butter in 3 quart rectagular baking dish, spreading to cover the bottom.
- 2Spread bagel pieces evenly in prepared dish.
- 3Sprinkle salmon, cheese, and chives evenly over the bagel pieces.
- 4In large bowl combine eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and pepper. Pour over layers in dish.
- 5Press down gently using the back of a wooden spoon to moisten all ingredients.
- 6Cover and chill in refrigerator over night or for at least 4 hours.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until set and edges are puffed and golden.
- 9Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bagel, Lox and Egg Strata
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 194.3 mg
- Sodium 1282.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 35.9 g