Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy breakfast treat. Use raisin cinnamon or blueberry bagels. This casserole has more texture than the typical french toast casserole due to the bagels.
- 2 bagels
- 85.04 g Laughing Cow cheese (3 wedges)
- 3 eggs or 177.44 ml egg substitute
- 118.29 ml milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans
- cinnamon sugar
- Cut the bagels in half and spread evenly with the Laughing Cow Cheese. Cut each half into eights and place cut side down in an 8X8 inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs or egg substitute, vanilla and maple syrup; pour over bagels and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Cover the dish with foil, place in refrigerator overnight. The next morning, remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking and allow to stand on counter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place covered dish in oven. Cook for 30 minutes, uncover, sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar and bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until center is firm and surface is lightly brown.
- Serve with warmed maple syrup.
OMG! This was amazing! I even fudged things up a bit when I put the dish in the oven uncovered for the first half, so I tried to "fix" it by adding bit more milk beaten with an egg to the top, and then sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and covered for the additional 30 minutes. Came out absolutely delicious with the most amazing texture! Will definitely make again.
What a lovely sweet treat Paula. My mom & I enjoyed this quick and easy to make casserole, very much. The flavor and texture were outstanding. I made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. I did use mini bagels and scaled it down for two. It worked perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I will be making it again often.