Recipe by grapefruit
I just love this sandwich! I got the recipe from a book called 'take a tin of tuna' by Joie Warner. If I don't have bagels, I just make it with regular whole wheat bread.
- 4 large bagels, halved
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese spread
- coarsely chopped fresh dill, for sprinkling
- snipped fresh chives, for sprinkling
- curly leaf lettuce leaf
- 1 (6 ounce) cansolid light tuna in olive oil, well drained and broken into large chunks
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, for squeezing over tuna
- 3 slices red onions
- 3 slices large ripe tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread all the bagel halves with cream cheese.
- Sprinkle each with half the dill and half the chives.
- Top 4 of the halves with lettuce leaves, tuna chunks, a generous squeeze of lemon juice, red onion slices, and tomato slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with remaining bagel halves.