Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Using bagel chips as the base for an hors d'oeuvre is a quick way to add flavor and crunch. Grace Parisi tops the chips with fresh ricotta,, chive puree and prosciutto. As an alternative - use dried apricots in place of the chips.Recipe by Grace Parisi from Food & Wine Magazine,12/2007 Edition. From Best Holiday Hors d'Oeuvres, Pairing of the day, March 2008, Published December 2007. Serve with appley, lively Proseco: Tenuta di Collalbrigo, Brut NV
- 1⁄2 cup snipped chives
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons marcona almonds
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese or 1 cup goat cheese
- 48 small plain bagel chips (1 1/2 inches) or 48 small dried apricot halves
- 4 ounces prosciutto, 12 thin slices, cut into 3-inch-wide strips
- In a blender or mini food chopper, combine the chives, olive oil, almonds and a pinch of salt & crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and pulse to a coarse puree.
- In a small bowl, lightly season the ricotta with salt and spread about 1 teaspoon onto each bagel chip.
- Carefully spoon a small dollop of the chive puree on top of each chip and garnish each with a loosely rolled up slice of prosciutto.
- Transfer the bagel chips to a platter and serve.