Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife, very carefully slice the bagels as thinly as possible, getting 8 to 10 slices per bagel.
- Spread in 1 layer on the prepared sheets.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When oil starts to get warm, about 1 minute, remove from the heat and add the garlic and Essence.
- Let sit until the garlic perfumes the oil, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oil.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush the oil on the bagel chips.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Turn and bake on the second side until just crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.