Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great in the kids lunch box topped with cream cheese!
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife, very carefully slice the bagels as thinly as possible, getting 8 to 10 slices per bagel.
- Spread in 1 layer on the prepared sheets.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When oil starts to get warm, about 1 minute, remove from the heat and add the garlic and Essence.
- Let sit until the garlic perfumes the oil, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the oil.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush the oil on the bagel chips.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Turn and bake on the second side until just crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.
mummamills made these for us today-they are really garlicky, crisp and good.
turned out perfect. heated the oil and garlic in the micro wave for 30 secs. didnt have creole seasoning, but I did spread some with sun dried tomato pesto. They were ok, but took longer to crisp, and I feel the plain ones were better. I make a version of Mirj's oven dried tomato, and next time I will use the oil from that :)
I like the method of heating the olive oil with the garlic in it. It smelled wildly garlicy in my house, but on the bagel itself, it was very subtle. I used the cajun seasoning on 1/2 the batch and "Tastefully Simple's" Spinach and Herb mix on the 2nd half. I plan on chopping half of the batch up to keep for croutons on salad. Thanks!