Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great crispy chip made with healthy bagels. Great with any healthy dip or on its own when you get that craving for crunch. Add spices of your taste to change it up when ever you wish
- 3 bagels (any type and flavor)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon ground sesame seeds (if you like them)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Slice the bagels into 1/4 inch disks.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat.
- Mix in the sesame seeds and garlic.
- Brush bagel slice with the butter mixture.
- Place slices on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- bake for 8 minutes; turn the slices over and bake an additional 7 minutes until crunchy.
- serve warm or cold.
- ****day old bagels work a bit better, don't use fresh baked that day, the older the better.
Soooooo good! I used black sesame seeds but didn't grind them up. In addition to garlic powder, I added dried basil (1 tsp), dried onion bits (1 tbsp), dried oregano (1/2 tsp). Don't know what happened but I had to make more as I ran out of the butter mix halfway through. But wow, what a great savoury delight!