Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love to take these along for picnics and hikes. The bagels hold against the salad unlike bread. I love the addition of bacon in this chicken salad.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped precooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 bagels, split
- thinly sliced cucumber, slices
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, bacon, celery, onions, basil, garlic powder and mayonnaise.
- Spread chicken mixture on bottom halves of bagels.
- Top with cucumber slices.
- Cover with top halves of bagels.
- Serve immediately, or wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Yum-yum! Love the addition of extra crisp bacon, green onions & crisp cucumbers. I made these for tomorrow's lunch, but sampled some tonight and the taste combo is perfect! Hoping they hold up well until then! Update: Yes, these hold well for up to 24 hours. Great to make ahead the night before. I'll be taking these on picnics this summer!