Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Originally, the purpose of bruschetta was to taste the purity of olive oil, so with this in mind, I started making a version on bagels, which I usually have stocked in the house. I eat it when I'm in a hurry and don't want peanut butter again. The flavours are subtle and delicious.
- 1 bagel (I like 12 grain the best, but anything soft and without strong flavour will do)
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- Cut the bagel in half and toast in the toaster.
- After toasting but while still hot, rub the garlic clove on the surface of the bagel.
- Pour a thin drizzle of olive oil on the bagel.
- Sprinkle with salt and rosemary, fresh or dried, to taste.