Add all dry ingredients in a bag instead of a bowl, add wet ingredients and pour into a pan. Or one bag instructions for a campfire cook with dutchoven. Great for camping! I would like to clarify pan size, you can use a 9 X 13 pan also. The 8 X 5 pan referred to in the recipe was very deep and I now realize that most ofpans are not as deep. My round cake pans are also deep and so you might have to use 3 regular round pans.
- 2 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crushed nuts (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- Pam cooking spray
- Put all bag ingredients in a gallon bag.
- Shake, shake and shake.
- Mix wet ingredients in a container or bowl.
- Add to bag in two increments and shake the bag each time.
- Spray Pam in a 8 X 5 pan or three round 8 inch cake pans. Round dutch oven can be used but should be sprayed with Pam or greased.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Cook for approximately 25 minutes or until cake springs back up when touched in the middle and sides pull alway from the pan.
- Cool about 10 minutes.
- Frost with icing or serve plain with ice cream or whipped cream.