Recipe by Food.com
Start your morning with your BAE breakfast sandwich: bacon, avocado and egg on a toasted croissant.
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 large croissant, halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- red pepper flakes, to taste, for serving
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, flipping occasionally, until browned and crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain bacon fat, leaving about 1 teaspoon behind. Place croissant halves cut side down in skillet and toast until golden. Remove from pan and wipe out skillet.
- Lightly beat eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add butter to pan and swirl to coat.
- When foaming subsides, add eggs, tilting pan so the bottom surface is covered. Using a rubber spatula, push cooked edges of eggs towards the center, swirling to move uncooked eggs to outer rim of pan.
- When most of the egg is cooked, add American cheese to middle and fold edges inward to create a square.
- Transfer egg square to toasted bottom half of croissant, topping with bacon and avocado. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Top with croissant top and serve immediately.