Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups grated assorted monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese or 2 cups American cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated onion
- 16 fluid ounces sour cream
- 6 ounces chopped green chilies
- Parboil potatoes and let cool.
- Grate potatoes and add rest of ingredients; mix well.
- Heat oven to 350°F and cook casserole until completely hot, 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on dish size.
Its such a yummy recipe! Loved how it tastes and pretty easy to make! Made it for a party and it was the first dish to finish! Judy.
Excellant side dish! I used chopped green onions in place of the chives. Drizzed a little more melted butter over the top of the leftovers and had them again. Really a keeper.
Made these with last night's supper. We both loved them. Being there are just the two of us, I halved the recipe, and it turned out wonderful. DW wants them again, soon. jim