Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 bangers or 8 fat link sausages
- 8 slices bacon, halved widthwise
- 16 mushrooms
- vegetable oil
For the Sauce
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 6 tablespoons runny honey
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 4 fluid ounces hard alcoholic cider or 4 fluid ounces lager beer
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a small pan and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until well blended.
- Pinch each banger in the middle and twist to make two short bangers.
- Separate the two halves by cutting through the link with a sharp knife or kitchen scissors.
- You should now have 16 wee pudgy bangers.
- Season each with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each pudgy banger with a halved bacon rasher and then thread onto 4 skewers, alternating with the mushrooms.
- Brush each with a little oil and cook over hot coals for 15 minutes, turning from time to time and basting with the sauce.
- To serve- transfer to plates and drizzle a little of the remaining sauce over the top.
- Serve hot.
Sticky, sweet, easy, yum! I used lager and added a fresh chilli. I didn't serve this on shewers as suggested, just made the sauce for sausages and served with mash. Great recipe!