Give the other barbecue sauce(s) in your fridge to your neighbours - you won't need or want them any more.
- 1 very large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup bottled water
- 1 1⁄3 cups bottled chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 can beer (chef's choice)
- black pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, sauté the onion and garlic in the butter.
- When the onions are transparent, add everything else.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes OR until you can't stand the amazing aroma!
- Store refrigerated.